Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"The Girl With The Metal Dress" - Compiled & Mixed By The Cowboys From Sweden (2010)



Hello Hello Everyone... Finally, a new mix for 2010! "The Girl With The Metal Dress", based on the lovely actress Michèle Mercier (who stars on the cover). This mix treads a lot of territory, from dark religious themes, spaced-out soundtrack grooves, girl pop, mondo bar music, westerns, introspective melancholia... You get the picture. Well anyway the mix should speak for its self, so give it a listen. Thanks for listening and thanks for your comments! I hope you enjoy this one. Ripped at 320 kbps naturally.

Tracks:
01 France Gall - Chanson Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Un Peu
02 Bruno Nicolai - Di Giorno In Giorno
03 Jean Yanne & Raymond Alessandrini - Ma Musique Ne Se Prostituera Jamais Sur Une Scène De Music Hall
04 Bernard Estardy - Ala Mia Thra
05 The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
06 Laurent Petitgirard - Mr. Green Genes
07 Pepino De Luca & Mark 4 - L'Umo Dagli Occhi Di Ghiaccio
08 Vincent Geminiani - Ophis Le Serpentaire
09 Michèle Mercier - La Fille Qui Fait Tchic Ti Tchic
10 Jane Birkin - 18-39
11 Natacha Snitkine - Jeu Du Téléphone
12 Brigitte Bardot - Je Me Donne À Qui Me Plait
13 Dom Boga - Mattino De Fuoco
14 David McCallum - House Of Mirrors
15 Gert Wilden & Orchestra - Sexy Girls
16 Annie Philippe - Le Mannequin
17 Mina - Io Sono Quel Che Sono
18 Gianni Ferrio - Un Dollaro Bucato
19 Françoise Hardy - On Dit De Lui
20 Noelle Cordier - L'amour C'est Àa
21 Russ Garcia - Risque
22 La Nueva Banda De Santisteban - Sabor A Fresa
23 Guy Peder - Mais Quand Le Matin
24 The Cliff Hammer Choir And Orchestra - I'll Wait For Your Love
25 Jean-Claude Vannier - Theme 504
26 Claudine Longet - Love Is Blue
27 Mireille Darc - Hélicoptère
28 France Gall - Polichinelle
29 Il Reale Impero Britannico - Dodici e un Quarto
30 Jean Bouchety - The Magic Castle
31 Serge Gainsbourg - Evelyne

Links:
Part One: http://www.mediafire.com/?wyqmyetwemj
Part Two: http://www.mediafire.com/?tynznjonndj

16 comments:

Enoch Soames said...

Sounds great - thanks!

MRC said...

love these comps. thanks for posting them.

E.M. said...

Hello! This compilation is great. You emphasized the girl pop scene, including just the best. Birkin, Bardot, Hardy... Snitkini's Telephone is flawless! You've got the european groove punch. Congratulations. (Is there a book where one can read/search vintage soundtracks?)

MRC said...

check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/Film-Television-Scores-1950-1979-Critical/dp/0786436824/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269887489&sr=1-1

Nature Film said...

Hey E.M., thanks for your note and your compliments. I'm sorry, I don't know of any books on the scene, although I've read one book that I'd recommend: "Serge Gainsbourg: A Fistful of Gitanes". It's more about Serge, but he's written many great songs for many great artists (including songs on this mix!). The book is pretty insightful and quite entertaining... Perhaps you've already read it?

E.M. said...

Hello, how are you? I'd like to thank you too. Your blog is awesome. Among so many scores, I met here such gems like Edda Dell'Orso songs, which report me to a completely different age. "Ti ho sposatto per alegria" soundtrack, for example, is amazing.

Your compilations are always filled with deja vú!

Do you have Alex Derenzy's "Femmes de Sade" soundtrack? There's a blues at the end, just gorgeous, and I can't find it on web.

In the commentary above, MRC suggested a book in Amazon Store which I've already ordered.

Concerning this book about Serge, I read it 3 months ago. I, indeed, felt the necessity to visit his grave when I traveled to Paris. I now see, through your blog, that Mr. G. composed a lot of soundtracks for obscure films. More and more I admire Serge as a master of european groove.

Other request: do you have the soundtrack of Jess Franco's "Eugene de Sade". I'd like to hear that music played during the initials credits, when Soledad Miranda is getting undress with another woman, it's a song Edda Dell'Orso style, wordless, and sounds like 70's.

Thanks!

Unknown said...

I would have never guessed to pair all these songs together. You are the master of the mix.

Nature Film said...

Hey E.M. thanks again for your extensive comments and attention to detail. I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying my blog, I don't hear from many people about it. So thanks. I was curious if you were talking about Bruno Nicolai's soundtrack "Eugenie De Sade '70"? I have that one, but I don't have the "Femmes de Sade" Soundtrack. Wish I could be more helpful.

E.M. said...

Nevermind, thanks a lot. I'm journalist in Brazil and really fond of music, especially jazz, soul, funk and, now, vintage scores. I believe Tarantino's aestethique, as well as Gainsbourg kitsch approach, lie in the root of pop culture.

Please keep posting.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing these excellent mixes. Fantastic!

Unknown said...

I've been following your blog for awhile now and I've loved everything you've posted. You've definitely introduced me to numerous musicians, most importantly Serge Gainsbourg. So thank you for that!

And if you are interested-
www.myspace.com/electrichumans

Unknown said...

The Bruno Nicolai track seems to have the same melody as this track snippet (from Opening of Misty Beethoven) I've been trying to identify: http://batmantis.com/Other_Track.mp3

Vocalist might be Edda dell'Orso. Any idea what album it might be from?

E.M. said...

Hey, I'd really appreciate if you post Nicolai's "Eugene de Sade" OST. Could you do it? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

E.M. said...

Hey, I have another doubt about Jess Franco's "Eugenie de Sade": I have already downloaded two versions for the soundtrack of that movie, but none of them have the initial music, which seems sung by Edda Del'Orso, during the initial credits during Soledad Miranda first sex scene. I'd like to know I can't find this music, which is far the best in the whole film. Thanks!

E.M. said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9FuaSEMSlE

raremarc said...

looks pretty good! but link is dead. could you please reupload???